Just made this for dinner the other night and it was delish! I halved the recipe so that we could have leftovers for lunch the next day. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle
1 3/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tsp salt, divided
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
20 oz uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
1 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided (I used skim milk)
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 (3.5 oz) jar commercial pesto (about 1/3 cup)
3/4 c half-and-half (I used fat-free)
2 c (8 oz) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
4 c halved grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
1/2 c chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until done, turning after 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces; keep warm.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in colander ovre a bowl, reserving 1/4 c cooking liquid. Place pasta in large bowl.
4. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Combine 1/2 c milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in pesto. Gradually add remaining 1 c milk and half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 c reserved cooking liquid, remaining 3/4 tsp salt, remaining 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 c cheese; stir until cheese melts.
5. Add chicken and sauce to pasta, tossing well to coat. Add tomatoes and basil; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1 c cheese. Serve immediately!
*Recipe courtesy of MyRecipes.com
(Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 2 cups pasta and 1 1/2 tbsp cheese) 508 calories, 38.3 g protein, 16.7 grams total fat, 50.7 g carbohydrate, 81 mgs cholesterol, 781 mg sodium)